Find a Job
Jamestown Regional Medical Center
Location: Jamestown, North Dakota
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Negotiable
Full-time, benefited position work 80 hours per two week pay period. Days of work are Monday – Friday with variable hours. Under the direction of the HIM Manager, maintains medical record integrity through the processing of outpatient medical records including analyzing, coding, and data entry.
- Demonstrates an understanding of coding conventions; adheres to coding guidelines and refers to current literature regarding coding questions. Contacts physicians as necessary to obtain additional information.
- Analyzes outpatient medical records.
- Codes outpatient diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding classification systems.
- Performs physician coding for the radiologist and ER contract physicians.
- Verifies assignment of nursing E/M levels in the ER.
- Utilizes the encoder and stays proficient with this system.
- Types and distributes birth certificates
- Assists hospital staff, physicians, patients, and guests with inquiries regarding medical information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
|High school graduate with completion of Health Information Technician/Management and/or Coding Curriculum, including working knowledge of anatomy, ICD-10-CM coding courses.
|No experience required with education as defined above. A minimum of two years’ experience, without education, employed in a Medical Record Department performing tasks related to this job description.|
RHIT or CCS
Completion of Health Information Technician/Management and/or Coding Curriculum, including working knowledge of anatomy, ICD-10-CM coding courses
Apply Online: http://www.jrmcnd.com
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 3:25 PM
Post ID: 39174