Find a Job
Coder Full-time Days – Inpatient Rehab
Post Acute Medical, LLC
Location: Enola, Pennsylvania
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 30 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we’re able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Coder is responsible for:
- Performing coding and abstracting of both inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with ICD-10-CM coding rules and regulations
- Codes all inpatient records within 5 days of discharge (unless record is not available or critical pieces of documentation are not available) following ICD-10-CM guidelines with 95% accuracy. Will interim code if needed.
- Codes all outpatient records by the third day after discharge according to ICD-10-CM with 95% accuracy, to include Ancillary and Wound Care services.
- Reviews H&Ps and other documentation (if needed) to assign admission IGC in eRehabData along with etiology. Alerts HIM Director of any unusual documentation patterns.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Performs necessary investigations/actions to assure the account will drop into the billing system without any problems. Informs HIM Director of any unusual circumstances that could delay coding/billing process.
- Uses HMS along with 3M to assist in accurate coding and clean claims processing. Makes sure that all necessary information is present in the record (documentation to substantiate code assignment) and all data is entered in the computer to ensure bill will drop into billing system.
- Monitors the billing error report to ensure all accounts are dropped timely and accurately. Keeps Director informed of unusual findings.
- Abstracts designated fields for physician information, according to procedure, to assure physician index reports reflect actual activity. Informs Director and Medical Staff Secretary of any new physician activity.
- Assigns present on admission codes along with date of onset.
The Coder must have:
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding guidelines/conventions, disease processes, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology and laboratory terminology in order to code accurately.
- Ability to stay updated on coding changes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and laboratory terminology.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational skills.
- Must possess good typing and or computer data entry skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise initiative and decision making, organize work independently, willingness to work with physicians and other hospital staff, and promote a positive attitude.
- Should be able to follow directions accurately and timely, produce quality work of repetitive tasks and have preference for orderly, detail-oriented duties.
- Must understand importance of maintaining patient confidentiality, exercise initiative and decision-making and be able to organize work independently.
- Must be able to work with physicians and other hospital staff and promote a positive attitude.
- A Certified Coder is preferred.
- 2+ years prior inpatient rehabilitation coding experience is preferred
- High School diploma or its equivalent required.
Posted: April 23, 2019 at 11:11 AM
Post ID: 38908