Find a Job
Inpatient Coding Quality Auditor – Gainesville
UF Health Shands
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Work Setting: Educational Institution, Hospital
Job Function: Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Full-Time
Caring for patients.
Caring for employees.
Together we can achieve great things.
Join the University of Florida Health team in Gainesville to enjoy our world-class clinical reputation, climate, and quality of life. Our nationally recognized organization is rapidly growing and adding to our team of talented individuals in a full array of career areas.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is hiring an Inpatient Coding Quality Auditor in Gainesville, Florida.
*This position is available to work from home, provided the candidate is located in Florida. This position REQUIRES residence in Florida.*
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Top Places to Work, by Forbes as One of America’s Best Employers, by Indeed as #15 on the list of 25 top-rated workplaces: Best Hospitals and among both U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals and Best Children’s Hospitals. Our Magnet-designated facility offers not only world-class patient care but also outstanding research and education opportunities to its employees.
Gainesville Community Highlights:
- Home to the University of Florida and Santa Fe College
- Florida Gators athletic events year round
- More than 20 nature parks
- Bustling downtown area with numerous dining and entertainment options
- Weekly, local farmers markets
- Seasonal art festivals
- Progressive live music scene
- Theaters and museums
- Excellent public and private schools for children
- Within an hour and a half from the east and west coasts of Florida
- Surrounded by small towns rich with southern charm
- Known for nearby springs and rivers
- Within two hours of Orlando, Jacksonville and Tampa
UF Health Shands provides the following core benefits:
- Medical Insurance (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON DATE OF HIRE)
- Prescription Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance (effective the first day of the month after employment)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (accrues bi-weekly based on hours worked and years of service)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement (available after six months of employment)
The Inpatient Coding Quality Auditor reports to the Associate Director of HIM and is responsible for ongoing quality review and assessment of coded hospital data. Performs audits on the accuracy of ICD-10, CPT-4, MS-DRG, APR-DRG and APC assignments. Prepares reports for management review and identifies trends. Conducts focused retrospective audits and regular scheduled audits of individual coders. Manages all audits conducted by internal and external entities and responds to requests for code verification. In conjunction with the Coding Supervisors and Coding Manager, contributes to the development of educational and training opportunities for staff.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR Certified
- Professional Coder (CPC) OR Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H).
- AHIMA Certified ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer preferred.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital inpatient and/or outpatient medical record coding and reimbursement.
- Coding audit experience preferred
- Must have Strong knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding and prospective payment systems and proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and coding/grouping software.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision and be a self-starter.
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
- Able to generate reports for management review that present audit results in a clear manner.
- Able to meet deadlines and respond well to frequent changes in regulation.
- Able to maintain positive and productive relationships with internal and external teams and customers.
Be part of the team of excellence that is moving medicine forward.
In addition to a culture defined by teamwork and professional support, we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and relocation assistance.
You may also elect the following voluntary benefits:
- Cancer Protection Policy
- Critical Care Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Discounts on Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- FlexChecks Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- FlexChecks Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Group Legal Insurance
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Universal Life Insurance
- VisionCare Plan
Instructions for Resume Submission
To learn more and apply, please submit your resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Posted: April 11, 2019 at 1:43 PM
Post ID: 38547