Find a Job
Coder IPC L2 – Gainesville
UF Health Shands
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Work Setting: Educational Institution, Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Caring for patients.
Caring for employees.
Together we can achieve great things.
Join the University of Florida Health team in Gainesville to enjoy our world-class clinical reputation, climate, and quality of life. Our nationally recognized organization is rapidly growing and adding to our team of talented individuals in a full array of career areas.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is hiring a Coder IPC L2 in Gainesville, Florida.
This position is available to work from home, provided the candidate is located in Florida. This position REQUIRES residence in Florida.
The University of Florida Shands Hospital is recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Top Places to Work, by Forbes as One of America’s Best Employers, by Indeed as #15 on the list of 25 top-rated workplaces: Best Hospitals and among both U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals and Best Children’s Hospitals. Our Magnet-designated facility offers not only world-class patient care but also outstanding research and education opportunities to its employees.
Gainesville Community Highlights:
- Home to the University of Florida and Santa Fe College
- Florida Gators athletic events year round
- More than 20 nature parks
- Bustling downtown area with numerous dining and entertainment options
- Weekly, local farmers markets
- Seasonal art festivals
- Progressive live music scene
- Theaters and museums
- Excellent public and private schools for children
- Within an hour and a half from the east and west coasts of Florida
- Surrounded by small towns rich with southern charm
- Known for nearby springs and rivers
- Within two hours of Orlando, Jacksonville and Tampa
UF Health Shands provides the following core benefits:
- Medical Insurance (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON DATE OF HIRE)
- Prescription Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance (effective the first day of the month after employment)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (accrues bi-weekly based on hours worked and years of service)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement (available after six months of employment)
The Coder IPC L2 codes inpatient records using ICD-10-CM/PCS classification system. Assures proper coding and MS-DRG and/or APR DRG assignment for all coded records. Inputs coding and patient information in the appropriate computer system(s) for billing and abstracting purposes and identifies and corrects information discrepancies.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCA, or CPC required
- AHIMA-approved ICD-10 education required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology required
- Minimum 6 months previous experience with acute care hospital inpatient coding required
- Passing standardized coding assessment approved for Inpatient Coding candidate selection with an overall score of 90% or above required.
Be part of the team of excellence that is moving medicine forward.
In addition to a culture defined by teamwork and professional support, we offer competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and relocation assistance
You may also elect the following voluntary benefits:
- Cancer Protection Policy
- Critical Care Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Discounts on Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- FlexChecks Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- FlexChecks Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Group Legal Insurance
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Universal Life Insurance
- VisionCare Plan
Instructions for Resume Submission
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Posted: April 11, 2019 at 1:29 PM
Post ID: 38546