Find a Job
Location: Evansville, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Compassion for patients and dedication to the community have been core values of Deaconess since our founding in 1892. The only way to continue this tradition of service excellence is to recruit and retain top talent in clinical and non-clinical occupations.
Throughout the health system, we offer work environments that support professional development and personal success. Flexible work schedules allow employees to pick times that work best for them – early risers, night owls, weekenders, and everyone in between. Our extensive benefits package includes retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance, and paid time off.
We need highly-skilled, compassionate employees to continue the healing mission of Deaconess. If this sounds like you, explore our careers areas and find the right opportunity for you.
Coding and abstracting Inpatient, Emergency Room, Same Day Surgery, and Observation medical records of the Deaconess Health System to accurately reflect patient condition and treatments rendered.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Abstracts and codes diagnoses and procedures from health records by using assigned classification systems, standards and following coding conventions as set forth by departmental coding policies.
- Enters information into the computerized abstracting system for use in hospital reimbursement and evaluation of patient care
- Queries the attending physician as necessary to assure thorough documentation to substantiate codes describing the patient’s hospitalization.
- Utilizes health care references to assure that coding is accurate
- Maintains and builds productivity
- Works with CDI staff to decrease days in A/R and accurately capture the ROM/SOI of each patient
- Identifies health records to be reviewed by various hospital and compliant registries and the Performance Improvement Department.
- Complies with the Deaconess Hospital Standards of Employee Conduct
- Assures that the appropriate number of continuing education credits are obtained so that credentials are current
- Continues to develop professionally by increasing knowledge through webinars and review of coding clinics.
- Other duties as assigned
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have one or more of the following credentials: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and/or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
At least one year of experience in hospital coding is preferred
- Associate’s degree in HIM related field preferred
Work from home, flexible hours. Medical, dental, vision, prescription, short/long-term disability, optional life and dependent insurance, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, and continuing education.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply for Coder II position listing (Req #10929) on deaconess.com, attach resume.
Apply Online: http://www.deaconess.com
Posted: April 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM
Post ID: 38448