Find a Job
Director of HIM
Chase County Community Hospital
Location: Imperial, Nebraska
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Director/Privacy Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Code: 153400
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Department: HIM
Responsible for the planning, organizing and staffing of the health information department. Coordinates administrative and operational activities in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, regulatory and legal requirements. Integrates the hospital’s mission into daily practice.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Communicating effectively as appropriate.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Teaching others how to do something.
• Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Resource Management Skills
• Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
• Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
• Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Desktop Computer Skills
• Databases – Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
• Graphics – Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
• Internet – Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
• Navigation – Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
• Presentations – Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
• Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
• Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
• Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
• Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of HIM personnel.
• Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring, and training of HIM personnel.
• Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures the department.
• Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
• Maintain awareness data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes.
• Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
• Maintain communication between medical staff, and department heads by attending meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
• Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service and community-based educational programs.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
• Documenting/Recording Information
• Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
• Interacting With Computers
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
• Processing Information
• Getting Information
• Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
Detailed Work Activities
• Advise others on legal or regulatory compliance matters.
• Conduct and coordinates employee training programs.
• Evaluate employee performance.
• Hire personnel.
• Implement departmental process or policy changes.
• Participate in communication with HIM personnel, facility departments and medical staff as serving as primary HIM contact.
• Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
• Prepare department budget.
• Prepare operational progress or status reports.
• Prepare staff schedules or work assignments.
• Responsible for managing/supervising HIM operations and staff
• Performs query and incomplete record follow-up, with collaboration of other department staff in monitoring and working with applicable management reports and queues for the management of HIM operation processes.
• Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Departmental leaders/staff to comply with standards and guideline enforced through the Medical Staff Bylaw/Rules and Regulations.
• Proactively manages corresponding communication for issues in HIM operations to include barriers and successes.
• Maintains working relationships with departmental leaderships by attending committee meeting, monthly updates etc.
• Active participant in assisting external agencies regarding reviews of the facility.
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school
• A minimum of two years of HIM department experience is preferred, three or more years is strongly preferred
• A minimum of one year healthcare management experience is strongly preferred
• Medical Billing Coding and Transcription experience preferred
• RHIT strongly preferred
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations
Instructions for Resume Submission
Contact Human Resources;
P.O. Box 819, Imperial, NE 69033
Apply Online: http://www.chasecountyhospital.com
Posted: March 26, 2019 at 7:29 PM
Post ID: 37953