Find a Job
Manager HIM Coding
Children’s Hospital Colorado
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children’s Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation’s outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children’s Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children’s Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
Manages daily operations of HIM Coding department. Supervises coding staff including interviewing, training, evaluating and counseling. Assigns work and/or implements action plans to ensure unbilled dollars are consistent in an effort to avoid losses due to exceeding timely filing. Develops and maintains relevant coding procedures and guidelines. Routinely monitors coding compliance/ quality and implements improvements as needed. Establishes productivity standards and ensures levels are met. Designs and develops coding training sessions for staff and other CHCO departments. Maintains current knowledge of coding conventions, updates and regulations. Provides reports for operations, case-finding, and research.
The manager of coding is responsible for assuring accounts are coded and finalized timely to assure bills may be processed. This position has two supervisors and 40 coders responsible for the IP, Ambulatory Surgery, ED/UC, Clinics, and Lab/Rad accounts directed to the HIM work queues.
- Analyzes coding data to identify and target areas in coding that display a significant variance from internal and external data populations and subsequently performs audits to isolate root causes for variance and implements plan to improve or reduce variances.
- Develops and implements strategic coding education plan and ensures staff complete all required training.
- Effectively and Efficiently provides direction for daily workflows and priorities to staff to ensure that all areas of coding are current and meeting organizational and departmental targets.
- Ensures that procedures and guidelines are current, accurate and have the requisite level of detail to support all areas of coding.
- Performs data quality reviews on coding to validate the ICD-10-CM codes DRG grouping appropriateness, missed secondary diagnoses and procedures, and ensures Coding Compliance Plans and Initiatives are met. Subsequently documents, records, and reports detailed and summary findings in a professional and formal manner. Also provides routine feedback to staff as required within the Coding Compliance.
- Trains and develops staff to ensure that workflows and methods are efficient and allow for the highest levels of accuracy and efficiency.
General Work Experience – Must be AHIMA credentialed with a CCS or RHIA or have two minimum credentials of RHIT and CCA.
Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Instructions for Resume Submission
For immediate consideration, please submit your application to Job ID # 61917 through the careers section of our website at www.childrenscolorado.org/careers.
Apply Online: http://www.childrenscolorado.org/careers
Posted: March 22, 2019 at 12:49 PM
Post ID: 37847