Find a Job
Location: Renton, Washington
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Would you like to have a career that makes a daily difference in people’s lives? Do you want to be part of a caring, respectful, diverse community? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing expert, high-quality care to all who need it, regardless of circumstances. Founded in 1971, we believe that the quality of your health care should not depend on how much money you make, what language you speak or what your health is, because everyone deserves great care.
To learn more about HealthPoint, go to www.healthpointchc.org!
It is the policy of HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical, or metal disability, genetic information, gender identity or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
The Coding Supervisor manages and leads the coding team, including hiring, performance management, and training, and supervises all aspects of daily operations. Works in partnership with the revenue cycle team as well as other key organizational stakeholders to ensure accuracy and security of patient records.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Establish and implement coding protocols, policies and procedures while partnering with Clinical Programs to ensure accurate coding and documentation of patient records.
- Maintain current knowledge of coding conventions, guidelines, updates and regulations governing government and third party billing to ensure that coding and documentation meets regulatory guidelines and audit standards.
- Train providers to proper coding and documentation protocols based on disease complexity. Provide corrective feedback when necessary.
- Supervise and organize the work for the Coding Team to ensure adherence to quality of standards, deadlines, proper coding/billing procedures, correcting errors and/or problems.
- Annually develop and execute plan for coding audits for both internal coding team and provider documentation.
- Establish and execute goals and objectives for the coding team.
- Monitor and identify opportunities for workflow improvement, using HealthPoint’s Lean Management System (HLMS).
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, talent development, employee relations, recognition and training of coding staff by providing effective leadership. Ensure all work is completed in support and enhancement of the objectives and goals of the organization.
Must have’s you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of medical coding experience.
- AAPC or AHIMA certification required.
If you know about the following it’s a plus:
- Experience with EHR systems a plus.
The Rich Benefits and Perks:
- Medical Health Insurance and Wellness Program
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account – both daycare and healthcare
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC supplementary insurance
- Retirement plans with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
Posted: March 20, 2019 at 12:39 PM
Post ID: 37763