Find a Job
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Other
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an HIM Supervisor to:
- Supervise daily workflow and monitor all operational aspects of Document Imaging and paper file management within the centralized UW Health HIM department.
Minimum – Training in health information filing systems, medical terminology, personnel management and records management normally acquired through two years of leading HIM operations including document imaging and paper chart processes
Preferred – Associate degree or college level study leading to a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification by the American Health Information Management Association or other Administrative or Business-related degree
Minimum -Two to four years of progressively more demanding supervisory and/or lead work experience in a health care setting involving scheduling, supervision/direction, evaluation and development of personnel. Additional years of education, particularly in Health Information Management with credentialing as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a bachelor’s degree in Administrative or Business related titles, may be substituted for years of experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of medical records, file systems, chart completion, personnel management and records management, personal computers required.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and disease processes sufficient to clearly understand the content of medical records, understand the information needs of the care providers and to translate these needs into operational systems
- Knowledge of indices and filing systems necessary to file, store and retrieve records and information from paper and electronic record systems
- Knowledge of development and maintenance of annual capital and expense budgets
- Knowledge of Joint Commission (TJC) standards, federal and state regulations and hospital policies and procedures governing the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of medical record documentation
- Ability to maintain patient and employee confidentiality
- Ability to work occasional off-hour schedules and/or holidays
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction including employees, patients, visitors, faculty, referring physicians and external stakeholders.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This position is 100% FTE. Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Administrative Facilities – UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply Online: https://careers.uwhealth.org/jobs/him-supervisor-4541
Posted: March 12, 2019 at 2:32 PM
Post ID: 37407