Find a Job
Remote Inpatient Coder
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Harmony Healthcare is a trusted partner to healthcare organizations nationwide, providing strategic solutions that help improve clinical and financial outcomes. We offer highly specialized population health and revenue cycle management staffing and consulting solutions to a diverse range of healthcare organizations. Through our network of consultants, we deliver innovative approaches and perspectives driven by deep industry experience to help you capture revenue and move your organization forward.
Harmony currently serves over 300 clients including 11 of the top 15 largest health systems in the nation, major academic health centers, hospitals, payers, 8 of the 15 largest CPA firms in the U.S., and the Federal Government.
In a relatively short time since becoming operational, Harmony’s growth and quality of services have been recognized locally, regionally, and nationally.
• Named to Becker’s Hospital Review list of top 7 companies providing RCM services.
• Ranked fifth on the 2016 Florida Fast 100, a list compiled by the Florida Business Journal of the fastest growing private companies in Florida.
• Obtained a 96% score by the Dun & Bradstreet client satisfaction rating survey.
• And for the third consecutive year Harmony has received high recognition appearing on the Inc. 5000 2017 list, ranking in the top 15% of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
In an ever-evolving healthcare environment where effective revenue cycle management can make or break future progress, we work with clients to integrate the most valuable solutions—delivered via a diverse network of expert consultants—to create a smarter health system that benefits all.
Responsible for maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM/PCS coding for all Inpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. Inpatient coding is applicable towards all regional Inpatient encounters.
Coder will work collaboratively with various HIM and Clinical Documentation Specialists to ensure accurate and complete physician documentation to support accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department, as requested by leadership.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Inpatient coding experience in an acute care setting
- 3+ years of recent Trauma/Teaching experience
- Tech savvy
- Experience using 3M and Meditech
Must have and maintain at least one of the following:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program.
- RHIA Registered Health Information Administrator (AHIMA)
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician (AHIMA))
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist (AHIMA)
Posted: March 7, 2019 at 6:08 PM
Post ID: 37237