Find a Job
Manager of Coding
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Contract
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.
We are seeking a Manager of Coding in Wausau, Wisconsin who will be responsible for managing the inpatient coding activities to ensure compliant coding for patient services is provided. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the hospital coding staff including the coding work flow for processes, quality, consistency and accuracy of the coding, productivity standards and assessing educational needs. This position collaborates with the medical staff and clinical and/or revenue cycle departments to accurately evaluate the clinical coding of each patient record.
- Expert knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, DRG and HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Five years of experience in technical or professional coding applicable to the coding management role.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle practices normally acquired through previous experience including understanding of multiple reimbursement systems.
- Knowledge of copays, deductibles, preauthorization, etc.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), RHIA or RHIT certification preferred.
- Experience with electronic coding system, knowledge of EPIC preferred.
- Knowledge of general health care business concepts normally acquired through completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other health related field.
Competitive compensation package, including relocation assistance available.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply on-line.
Apply Online: https://www.healthcaresource.com/aspirus/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=110207&fwkMethod=L&fwkKey=2005_9018_0_0_190305131724_1551809844288_4169
Posted: March 5, 2019 at 1:19 PM
Post ID: 37099