Find a Job
Part-time Adjunct Instructor/Program Administrator
Delaware County Community College
Location: Media, Pennsylvania
Work Setting: Educational Institution
Job Function: Educator, Other
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary Range: TBA
The Medical Coding and Billing Adjunct Instructor/Program Administrator is primarily responsible for providing administrative leadership for the programs and ensuring the program meets the requirements of American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), our external accrediting body. This part-time, adjunct position will include teaching up to two (2) Medical Billing and Coding courses as needed by the division. This position may include other duties as assigned by the Dean of Allied Health, Emergency Services, Nursing Division.
- Act as THE AHIMA “Program Director” of the Medical Billing and Coding program
- Teach up to two Medical Billing and Coding Courses as dictated by program needs
- Assist and facilitate hiring, supervision and retention of qualified faculty in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct faculty meetings with full time and adjunct faculty at least two times during the academic year
- Respond to faculty, departmental, administration, and student questions regarding the program.
- Recruit members for the advisory board and organize advisory board meeting annually
- Assist the Dean with determining the financial needs and monitoring the budget of the program
- Actively participate in professional development programs through AHIMA
- Retain membership in AHIMA credential through required yearly continuing education
- Collaborate with full-time faculty in the development and improvement of program curricula to ensure the program remains in compliance for the standards of the American Health
- Assist full-time faculty with college-wide assessment process as a member of assessment committee
- Address student needs/staff needs and resolve conflicts.
- Collaborate with full-time faculty and program adjunct faculty to plan Medical Billing and Coding program offerings and schedule.
- As part of the accreditation process, collect data from other college offices including graduate information, employer surveys, student job placement, enrollment, and retention statistics
- Prepare AHIMA Annual Re-approval Report and prepare for three year Re-accreditation.
- Collect data and course information required for re-accreditation
- Maintain essential program records and documents for annual report and re-accreditation
- Attend admission events in an effort to recruit students into the certificate and associate degree program
- Liaison with Student Employment Services to coordinate Student/Employer networking events.
- Other responsibilities as related to ongoing and changing AHMA requirements of the Medical Billing and Coding program.
- Work with textbook publishers and bookstore manager to submit book orders for Medical Coding and Billing Programs
- Assist with purchase requisitions for resources required for courses including application fees and online access codes.
- Participate in active service to the department, the division, and the College Diversity
- Candidate must have an AHIMA Credential of CCS-P, CCS, RHIA, or RHIT
- College teaching and/or Administrative experience is preferred
- Evidence of effective communication , organizational, and leadership skills
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
- Has a spirit of collaboration to ensure supportive team environment in the division with other colleagues within and outside of the department.
- Commitment to community college philosophy
- Commitment to student-centered learning and values innovative teaching practices.
- Understands assessment and evaluation in higher education
- Proficient in data collection and reporting for writing reports
- Successfully organizes , executes, and follows up with planned activities
- A bachelors or master’s degree in a related field is preferred. An Associate degree will be considered based on experience.
This is an adjunct. part-time position ideal for someone who is currently working in the field.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit resume or questions about the position to:
Janet Ross, MPT. CMA(AAMA)
Posted: February 19, 2019 at 3:26 PM
Post ID: 36499