Find a Job
Community HealthCare System
Location: Onaga, Remote
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coder
Job Type: Full-Time
Community HealthCare System (CHCS) is seeking a Coder to work in our dynamic health care system. This position is responsible for hospital
coding, including inpatient, outpatient, ED, and surgical records, with
potential for clinic and Home Health coding. Successful applicants
will be a certified coder or have their Registered Health Information
Administrator(RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technologist
(RHIT) certification. This position has the potential to work from home
upon the candidate becoming fully competent as a coder. CHCS offers
competitive pay and a complete benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.chcsks.org and click on “Careers” or contact Human Resources at 785-889-5030.
- Apply ICD and CPT coding guidelines by assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to clinic charts other various medical charts.
- Analyze charges on patients’ charts to verify charge matches service. After ensuring accuracy of charges enter data into software to drop the bill.
- Query physicians or review medical records to obtain additional information of denied claims. Re-code and abstract if necessary.
- Monitor billing status by running reports and obtaining needed medical records for coding and abstraction of bill.
- Supports and abides by the mission, values, and policies of CHCS in all activities.
- On-going compliance with CHCS educational requirements.
- All other duties as required.
RHIA, RHIT , CCS, or CPC
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability insurance.
- Retirement, Flexible Spending, Paid Time Off
- Potential for Tuition Reimbursement
Instructions for Resume Submission
Go to www.chcsks.org and click on “Careers” and current opportunities.
Apply Online: http://www.chcsks.org
Posted: February 1, 2019 at 1:54 PM
Post ID: 35706