Find a Job
Professional Practice Coding/Documentation Educator
Southern Illinois Medical Services
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
Work Setting: Physician Office
Job Function: Educator
Job Type: Full-Time
Southern Illinois Medical Services (SIMS) is in search of a dynamic individual to provide coding/documentation orientation, instruction and feedback to our practice based providers. The individual will also assist in training and educating our professional practice based coding team.
SIMS employs approximately 200 providers (mid level and physicians). The coding team consists of 12 coders who assigning E&M level codes, CPT surgical codes, modifiers and address CCI edits.
The southern Illinois region offers affordable housing choices, national parks and forest recreation outdoor activities, cultural and Division I sports and academic environments, as well as a short home to work commute.
- Serves as an educator for SIMS physicians on appropriate documentation/coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Monitors continuing education needs for department/coders, assists in selecting appropriate educational material, and provides education as needed.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
Physician practice management coding experience
Comprehensive knowledge of physician practice regulatory and payer requirements as it pertains to professional coding.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Epic Professional Coding & Billing experience. Knowledge of rural health coding/billing rules, mid-level coding/billing rules, Documentation/Coding/Billing guidelines from NGS, Palmetto and Medicare preventive and wellness exam requirements.
Associate degree in Health Information Technology, RHIT
Bachelor degree in Health Information Management, RHIA
CCS , CCS-P or CPC preferred
Paid Annual AHIMA dues. Paid CEU’s. Paid travel and expenses to coding/documentation conferences as required.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Apply on line
Apply Online: http://www.sih.net/careers/
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 5:41 PM
Post ID: 34125