Find a Job
Sr. HIM Specialist – St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center
Conifer Health Solutions
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Work Setting: Hospital, Long Term Care
Job Function: HIM Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This position is responsible for advanced clerical functions with in the Health Information Management department. The HIM Specialist II will have an understanding of privacy and security issues related to patient information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble medical records in the approved record order and remove all duplicate or non-legal medical record material.
- Analyze medical records for completion and assign deficiencies as needed.
- Fill out birth certificate in accordance with state law including contact with mothers and father within facility specific timeframe.
- Assist internal and outside agencies with information regarding patient records ensuring request are prioritized appropriately
- Maintain an Accounting of Disclosure log and a Production of Documents file in order to meet appropriate time frames.
- Fill all Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security – demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics – birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement
- Organization – establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently – is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
Pleasant inside environment
Light physical effort
Intense mental concentration stress
Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management departmentCERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
Instructions for Resume Submission
Once you have reviewed the job posting, if you would like to be considered for this position, please click on the link. The link will take you directly to the position. Please apply to the position and include a resume for consideration.
Posted: December 27, 2018 at 9:47 AM
Post ID: 34066