Find a Job
Director of Clinical Coding
Location: Southfield, Michigan
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system (based on inpatient admissions and net patient revenue) formed in 2014 to provide patients with compassionate, extraordinary care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Taylor, Trenton, Troy, Wayne), 174 health centers, nearly 5,000 physicians and more than 38,000 employees, Beaumont Health contributes to the health and well-being of residents throughout southeast Michigan and beyond. In 2016, Beaumont Health had 177,508 inpatient admissions, 17,536 births and 567,658 emergency visits. We have an exciting, unique, opportunity in Michigan for the Director of Clinical Coding position!
Responsible for directing the clinical coding services across the multi-facility integrated health care system. Report to VP, Revenue Integrity
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Clinical Coding Operations
- Directs the clinical coding operation for the acute care facilities to facilitate timely, accurate & optimal reflection of the healthcare encounter for optimal data reporting & billing.
- Directs the production coding for the professional coding operation.
- Ensures coding polices are aligned with updated ICD-10-CM, CPT-4 and AHA Coding Clinic Guidelines.
- Coordinates the development of consistent, best practice policies and procedures amongst all facilities
- Optimizes the use of technology to ensure accurate and optimal code assignments and charge editing
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and third party payer requirements & prevention of coding denials.
- Deploys tactics to ensure efficient use of the coding workforce.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Epic system and ensures optimization of available functionality within the coding workflow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training: Bachelor’s Degree in medical record administration or related healthcare field or equivalent experience
B. Work Experience: 5 years in medical record management with emphasis on HIM systems, clinical coding operations/assessment & implementation, training and education.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: RHIT/RHIA required
D. Other Qualifications: Excellent communication, organization and project management skills and the ability to manage personnel in multiple locations.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please email your resume to holly.dryer@Beaumont.org.
Apply Online: https://www.healthcaresource.com/beaumonthealth/index.cfm?&cjobattr1=Full%20time&ijobrowstart=1&template=dsp%5Fjob%5Flist%2Ecfm&cfaccity=Southfield&ckeywordsearchcategory=cdept%2C%20mdes%2C%20creqnum&ijobcatid=100&ijobpostondaysold=&nkeywordsearch=clinical%20coding&fuseaction=search%2EjobList
Posted: December 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM
Post ID: 33785