Find a Job
Manager of Coding and Charge Capture
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: Coding Supervisor/Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 300 providers and 1100 employees. Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon, we enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We have been serving the SW Washington community for over 80 years! We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan.
Responsible for managing all facets of charge capture and coding, including charge review and coding related claim edits. Position educates providers regarding coding compliance and documentation requirements to optimize reimbursement in accordance with federal guidelines and payor specific policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise coding and charge capture employees.
- Ensures the timely and accurate capture of charges, and submission of clean claims.
- Ensures that physician documentation supports medical necessity and substantiates services provided.
- Implements strategies to reduce uncollected reimbursement related to charge capture, documentation, and coding.
- Ensures that excellent patient service is a focal point and all patient account questions are answered promptly, completely, accurately, and courteously.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of insurance carrier policies and contracts to ensure optimal reimbursement and compliance with contract terms.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Affairs to educate providers on the appropriateness of coding and billing compliance.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of federal and state billing regulations and ensures billing compliance.
- Assures correct CPT and ICD10 coding.
- Monitors coding denials to identify potential problem areas and takes prompt, effective action to ensure timely, appropriate reimbursement.
- Monitors workflows and system-enhancement opportunities to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recommends creates charge review edits and charge router rules to more efficiently and effectively capture charges for optimal, compliant reimbursement.
- Responsible for the hiring, job performance, review and discipline.
- Builds relationships with providers to ensure trust in coding expertise and foster open lines of communication.
- Works with Clinic Managers to assure that decentralized charge entry and coding have effective policies and procedures which are consistently followed clinic-wide.
- Work collaboratively with all TVC departments to ensure optimal charge capture and coding efficiency and effective use of resources.
- Other related duties as necessary.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care or Business-related field required.
- Minimum of four years management experience in health information management or coding, or accounts receivable management required.
- Must have one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCA, CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC-A, CPC-H, CPC-H-A, or one of the relevant AAPC specialty-specific coding credentials.
- Ability to interpret insurance medical policies and procedures.
- Professional use of financial reporting and use of spreadsheets.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, demonstrate leadership skills, foster teamwork and trust.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, and communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Experience with physician practice management (billing) software required, Epic experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and with external vendors and patients.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply online at www.tvc.org – Staff Careers!
Apply Online: http://www.tvc.org
Posted: December 3, 2018 at 4:51 PM
Post ID: 33334