Find a Job
Supervisor Release of Information and Identity
Location: Seattle, Washington
Work Setting: Hospital
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Swedish is calling a Supervisor Release of Information and Identity to our location in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a Supervisor Release of Information and Identity to be responsible for day-to-day operations and staffing in the Swedish Release of Information and Data Integrity departments. This individual will assist ROI and DI Manager in evaluating, developing, and implementing changes to workflows and schedules to meet organizational and departmental tactical goals, which includes becoming actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems. They will provide regular information and recommendations to the Manager regarding caregiver hiring, evaluation, and development. This individual must maintain current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations as well as Swedish/Providence standards, and train staff appropriately and providing regular reports to Manager regarding staff productivity, turnaround, attendance and quality. This individual will work to ensure integrity of Swedish Epic database.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Monitor daily workflow to insure proper prioritization and timeliness of work, adjusting coverage, and delegating special assignment work as needed. Ensure adequate coverage during employee absences.
• Coordinate all training of ROI and Identity staff in HIM. Work with other managers to problem solve any ROI or Identity related issues.
• Assume leadership in the absence of the manager. Approve timecards, vacations, and other decision-making opportunities, properly following all Swedish standards.
• Perform employee evaluations as delegated by manager and provide input to manager on employee’s evaluation. Participate in decision making for hiring new employees. Track and report to manager any employee attendance occurrences.
• Coordinate with manager on creation and maintenance of policies and procedures related to any workflow within scope.
• Maintain current knowledge on applicable Federal and State confidentiality law as well as Swedish/Providence standards, and document that all caregivers are kept up-to-date and thoroughly trained. Be a resource to other departments of the hospital or clinic(s) on these regulations, questions or problems.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• A degree from an accredited Health Information Technology or Health Information Management program. Graduates of this program may consider this as equal to one year of experience.
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential through the American Health Information Association.
• Experience in a Health Information Management department in an acute care hospital or multiple-provider setting working with an electronic health record.
• 2 years experience supervising staff in a hospital or healthcare environment
• Complete understanding of chart and release of information flow and usage in a clinical information system.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Epic experience
• Demonstrated skills and experience in database management and maintenance strongly
• Release of Information experience
About Swedish Shared Services.
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group’s network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission
When applying online, please reference job number 205060.
Apply Online: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=148347
Posted: November 30, 2018 at 5:57 PM
Post ID: 33294