Find a Job
Remote HCC Coder
Work Setting: Consultant/Vendor
Job Function: Coding – Auditor
Job Type: Temporary
Intellis is seeking full-time temporary coders for a large HCC project lasting from January-June of 2019. We offer competitive hourly compensation, a generous completion bonus, on-site training, and equipment to use for the duration of the project.
- Knowledge of health systems operations, including an understanding of reimbursement methodologies and coding conventions
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of HCC/risk adjustment, coding and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate and complete chart reviews for HCC/risk adjustment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate trends in provider coding and documentation
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and attention to detail skills
- Ability to perform chart audits of approximately 4 charts per hour (80 pages)
- The primary coder is required to reach an accuracy per the Inter-Rater Reliability protocols
- Reviews submitted medical records to identify diagnoses/procedures, ensuring that HCC coding guidelines are followed
- Ensures all diagnoses and services are accurate and complete from the medical record in accordance with ICD-10 CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Selects the correct HCC/RxHCC accurately for each ICD-10-CM code for all medical records
- Confirms the correct code to the highest level of specificity as documented in the medical records
- Works effectively and efficiently within a team environment
- Complies with policies and procedures for confidentiality of all patient records and security of systems
- Must have at least one coding credential (certificate) from AHIMA and/or AAPC organizations
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience overall coding or auditing in inpatient, outpatient, professional fee or at least 2 years’ experience in focused HCC coding. Experience must include ICD-10-CM.
- Must be able to travel for one week in January for training onsite. Travel is paid for by company.
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Proficient in Microsoft applications to include EXCEL, WORD, and Outlook
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please apply here: https://www.intellisinc.com/careers/open-positions/
Email your resume to email@example.com
Apply Online: https://www.intellisinc.com/careers/open-positions/
Posted: November 20, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Post ID: 33025