Find a Job
Health Information Management Coordinator
MedNorth Health Center
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Work Setting: Ambulatory Care
Job Function: HIM Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Med North Health Center is a full service health care provider committed to providing quality health care to the residents New Hanover and surrounding counties.
The Health Information Management Coordinator is responsible for all activities of the medical records department. The employee collaborates with various departments on policy and procedures. The HIM Coordinator assumes responsibility of guiding and coordinating medical records in order to be efficient and to effectively meet deadlines, maintain patient flow, and patient data. The HIM Coordinator works as a team leader for medical records activities to include: confidentiality, storage, safety, organization, identification, formatting retrieval and dispatch. He/she resolves problems in these areas and communicates pertinent data activities to ensure that timely, accurate and useful data is collected, analyzed and reported for effective and efficient management decision-making.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develops and maintains Clinical Record Policies and Procedures following all state and federal regulations and established standards pertaining to the psychiatric patient records.
- Develops and orchestrates on and off-site storage and retention of clinical patient records.
- Guarantees organization wide compliance to patient confidentiality.
- Oversees documentation requirements to avoid delinquent status.
- Ensuring that the department is working to perform consistent and timely chart audits and securing all signatures on documentation.
- Monitors, trends and reports all data relative to performance improvement of the Health Information Management of the clinical record.
- Maintains and supervises Medical Record Staff in day to day operations.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations for members of the department.
- Participates in own performance process.
- Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ensures that health records are retrieved in a timely manner for patient visits and examined for completeness before dispatch to other clinic areas.
- Provides information from records to authorized sources, including release of information.
- Maintains interface with medical and other clinic staff to ensure an efficient system of record-keeping for optimal patient flow. Participates in the design of forms, systems and methods to ensure that records data is accurate, complete, accessible and in compliance with DHHS standards.
- Coordinate Peer Review completion/process
- Organizes office operations and procedures to ensure acceptable standards of patient reception; flow, information transfer, filing, requisition of supplies and all other duties associated with medical records
- Coordinates (with CMO) the timely filing of transcribed provider notes in health records.
- Networks and coordinates the sharing, receipt and/or update of information among various internal departments.
- Coordinate reporting activities on the referral and tracking process
Job Type: Full-time
- Three to five years of experience in the field of Medical Records Management
- Experience with Joint Commission Accreditation
- At least two years of supervisory experience in health care
- HIM System
- Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Associates Degree required
Instructions for Resume Submission
Email: Erika George (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Posted: November 19, 2018 at 4:39 PM
Post ID: 32998