Find a Job
Compliance Officer / HIPAA Privacy Officer
Meridian Health Services
Location: MUNCIE, Indiana
Work Setting: Behavioral/Mental Health
Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole person” health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking to fill the full time position of Compliance Officer / HIPAA Privacy Officer. This position is responsible for all activities related to HIPAA privacy incidents, investigations, logging and reporting in our Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana headquarters. Some travel is required.
- Oversight of patient rights to request, inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate.
- Oversight of Business Associates and related Business Associate tasks, including Business Associate Agreements.
- Collaborate on compliance related issues.
- Organizational Collaboration: Works with MIS and Finance as necessary to implement and maintain privacy goals.
- Confidentiality/Release of Information: Develops and enforces procedures to assure maintenance of medical and legal regulations and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Policies and Procedures: Develop and update HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
- Health Information Standards: Knowledge and continuing education of HIPAA Privacy and Security Laws.
- Provides education and continued training to facility staff as required by federal and state regulations.
- Organizational collaboration: Serves as member or leader of applicable committees. Communicates with relevant departments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- 2+ years of strong experience in Privacy Officer role; strong Microsoft Office experience required.
- Ability to write reports for management review.
- Must possess good verbal and written skills and the ability to give clear and concise direction.
- Must have strong attention to detail, ability to be flexible and adaptable, set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to use time effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- RHIA certification
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Instructions for Resume Submission
Please submit your application and resume online.
Apply Online: https://meridianhs.hirecentric.com/jobs/147711.html
Posted: November 1, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Post ID: 32402