March 18, 2020
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT
Annual Wellness Visits – Medicare’s Best Kept Secret
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is a valuable benefit offered by Medicare that helps members stay healthy by reviewing and updating key information such as:
- Routine Screenings
- Home safety issues including cognitive impairments
- Health advice and referrals
- These visits also give providers an opportunity to close any care gaps.
Many Medicare members fail to take advantage of this service due to confusion around cost and what is performed during this visit. This confusion extends to providers and even coders.
Join as we sort out the fact from the fiction in Annual Wellness Visits – Medicare’s Best Kept Secret.
At the conclusion of this webinar, attendees will:
- Define an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
- List the components of an AWV and how it is coded, including split bill scenarios
- Understand how accurate documentation contributes to accurate data capture and reporting
- Gain strategies to engage providers and coders in the importance of AWV and how it benefits patients and the overall community