Enrollment Begins: Monday, September 10, 2018
Enrollment Ends: Monday, November 5, 2018
Continuous Enrollment – within 48 hours of registering and paying for the course, you will receive the log-in information directly from FHIMA with your access code and course log-in instructions. Please be aware that if you register on a Friday, you will not receive the log-in information until the following Monday morning.
This course will provide a comprehensive review of the content outline in preparation for the CHPS exam. An overview of test taking skills and test preparation along with specific domain lectures on ethical, legal and regulatory issues; environmental assessments; program management and administration; information technology physical and technical safeguards and investigation compliance and enforcement. Specific case study reviews with detailed synopsis and analysis helps to ensure a solid foundation in privacy and security concepts and practices.
The CHPS credentialed professional is an expert in protecting the confidentiality, privacy, and security of patient health information from development and implementation to ongoing management and training of the workforce. The CHPS professional has the background and experience to understand and apply all federal and state regulations to ensure compliance across various types of healthcare organizations.
Experience Level: Intermediate (should have at least obtained an RHIA or RHIT previously.
Per AHIMA Eligibility for the CHPS:
Candidates must meet one of the following eligibility requirements for the CHPS examination:
- Associate’s degree and six (6) years’ experience in healthcare privacy or security management; OR
- Healthcare Information Management Credential (RHIT®) and minimum of four (4) years of experience in healthcare privacy or security management; OR
- Baccalaureate degree and a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in healthcare privacy or security management; OR
- Healthcare Information Management Credential (RHIA®) and minimum of two (2) years’ experience in healthcare privacy or security management; OR
- Master’s or related degree (JD, MD, PhD) and two (2) years of experience in healthcare privacy and security management.
Course Description: This course has four (4) modules, covering information for each of the 4 domains of the exam. Each module consists of a PowerPoint presentation, with a video lecture (New in this course!!) + a CEU quiz. There is an ongoing discussion forum for you to ask any questions you may have, ask for clarifications, confirmations, or explanations for any of the content. The professional who will be your facilitator will provide answers for you within 48 hours.
The workshop will be open for 6 weeks and is accessible 24/7. These online workshops are designed to provide individuals in their FINAL stages of preparing to take the exam with the knowledge needed to better prepare for the examinations. These workshops are also designed to strengthen and reinforce competencies for ALL sections of the exam!
View Course Syllabus