April 18, 2017
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT
Hierarchical Condition Category coding is the increasing focus of CDI professionals in 2017. Not only can high-quality HCC improve reimbursement and quality scores in the physician practice, the clinical documentation can assist to more accurately assign DRGs in the inpatient setting as well.
Join us for this thought provoking presentation offering new CDI solutions in the physician practice setting for HCC code assignment. Gain an understanding of how to sell and implement a program and how to encourage physician adoption and collaboration.
Learning Objectives: During the session, participants will:
• Learn steps to plan and implement an effective HCC CDI Process
• Understand the challenges related to HCC coding in the physician practice
• Discuss how HCC capture improves clinical documentation throughout the continuum of care
• Learn tips for physician collaboration and adoption for HCC coding
1. Healthcare landscape and need for a change in CDI program design
2. Demands placed on clinical documentation to support risk adjusted payment programs
3. Steps in planning the HCC CDI program
a. HCC audit
b. Return on investment
c. Selling the idea
d. Data requirements
e. Pilot site(s)
f. Work flow
g. Physician collaboration and adoption
4. HCC capture and DRG assignment
5. Next Steps
Co-Presenters: Pamela Hess, Managing Director, CDI at himagine Solutions Inc.
and Terry Buske, Director of Strategic Business Development at himagine Solutions Inc.
CEU – 1.0 Clinical Data Management