April 6, 2018
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM ET
1:30-2:30 – First Quarter Coding Clinic for 2018
- Examine important coding advice & clarifications pertaining to ICD-10-CM reporting.
- Review important coding advice & clarifications pertaining to ICD-10-PCS reporting.
- *Review anatomy and other pertinent clinical information important to understanding ICD-10-CM/PCS recommendations.
- Examine some of the proposed FY 2019 ICD-10-CM changes discussed at the September 2017 ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee Meeting
Speakers: Laura Nardone, RHIA, CCS and Marcy Blitch, RHIA, CCS, CIC
2:30-3:30 – Assessing Coding Quality Data in ICD-10 through Quality Assurance
- Different metrics that are used to track coding quality• How to zero in on effective coding education based on QA
- Review of the coding quality data and the trends identified
- System developed to audit a large group of coders (hundreds) yet still provide value to each coder
- Review how QA tools can provide efficiency and improve coder-to-auditor communication and workflows
Speakers: Christopher Gaarlandt, MS, RHIA, CDIP and Lisa Marks