Start Date: March 20, 2017
Beginner to Intermediate level
Whether you have never coded procedures before or are just new to ICD-10-PCS, this self-paced course is for you! The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
ICD-10-PCS (International Classification of Diseases-10th Revision-Procedure Coding System) is the code set used to report facility procedures, services, and treatments provided to inpatients. This self-paced, online course will provide you with the details about determining codes from this new system.
The ICD 10 PCS procedure code set is used solely by hospitals for reporting hospital inpatient procedures (see 45 CFR part 162)
The workshop will be constructed of eight (8) parts:
- Introduction to ICD-10-PCS
- Medical and Surgical Section
- Obstetrics Section
- Placement, Administration, and Measurement and Monitoring Sections
- Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance and Extracorporeal Therapies Sections
- Osteopathic, Other Procedures, Chiropractic Sections
- Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Therapy sections
- Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Treatment, and New Technology Sections
The current 2016 code set will be covered, including the proposed 2017 changes.
There are 10 CE’s available for this workshop