NEW CLASS! Start Date: February 20, 2017
Beginner to Intermediate level
This self-paced course is designed for those with some knowledge of health information and data analysis. The online course materials are available to you 24 hours a day/7 days week, so you can fit learning into your personal schedule.
Those who work in health data analysis can learn and earn this AHIMA national certification to validate their mastery of these important job tasks. National certification confirms your knowledge and skill regarding the acquisition, management, analysis, interpretation, and transformation of health care data into accurate, consistent, and timely information. In addition, you can provide evidence of your ability to merge the “big picture” strategic vision with day-to-day details.
CHDA-credentialed professionals have proof of their wide scope of organizational knowledge and the ability to communicate with individuals and groups at multiple levels, both internally and externally.
Earning the CHDA designation can help you:
- Achieve recognition of expertise
- Validate mastery and specialized competence
- Differentiate knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate professionalism and commitment
- Exhibit broad organizational knowledge
- Facilitate professional development
- Leverage the strength of AHIMA credentials
Candidates must meet one of the following eligibility requirements to sit for the CHDA examination:
- Healthcare information management credential (RHIT®) and minimum of three (3) years of healthcare data experience; OR
- Baccalaureate degree and a minimum of three (3) years of healthcare data experience
- Healthcare information management credential (RHIA®); OR
- Master’s in Heath Information Management (HIM) or Health Informatics from an accredited school; OR
- Master’s or higher degree and one (1) year of healthcare data experience